Monday 11 November 2013

For this one I misinterpreted my silhouette and have drawn him facing away, now looking back on it I realize that it would look more natural for him to be facing forward, I had lots of trouble with the feet because of this. I like the idea of my character having a combination of weapons, and the bald look does interest me as its different to the usual long haired or spiked up looks. This particular warrior is to hulky in appearance for me, id prefer a more nimble but muscular character.

In terms of body build this is closer to what I have in mind. I have him wearing a wolf head and show him close to the floor as I imagine him stalking his victims like a tiger. I was trying to get away from the idea of my character wearing a kilt as it seems a common theme. I know that in some cases Celts were known to run into battle fully naked, instead of that I made this throw like thing. I'm not sure how I feel about it, might be to little.
Overall I'm very happy with this one, I experimented with different textures and brushes and found the effects worked really well. I think the helmet would be more ornate but I really like it, and feel that from far of it would have scared the Romans ,plus it could be seen as worship to the stag god Cernunnos of the forest.


This is exactly the body type I want my character to have. I like how the cape looks blowing in the wind but I don't know if i want to have one as I like the idea of being able to see most of the upper body, showing of ornate Celtic war paints. I think this armored type kilt is much more practical and looks a lot cooler, especially with the bulky belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment