Saturday 15 March 2014

Juke Box

Maya Begins!

Jukebox 

This next project will be done on Autodesk's Maya. Here is my first attempt of creating a 3d in game asset. We could choose any object smaller than 1.5m by 1.5m, I choose to create a Jukebox. To the left is a small mood board to help me understand how the style and shapes vary, and which kind of jukebox I wanted to create. I went for the middle bottom one as you can see below. The image below has been edited on photoshop to ensure its symmetry, and placed on a square paper so it can be moved into maya for reference without distorting.

This is my first 3d model, I think I did well. There was some bits where I was unable to delete parts which annoyed me. I think I captured the shape and look of the Jukebox. I should reduce the number of edge loops I inserted along the side as they are not necessary. I had not yet learnt about UV mapping, below is the UV map its quite a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment