Thursday 20 November 2014

Changes in Concept

My idea has been constantly changing within my head, and I have not kept track of these changes nearly enough, so i'm going to try and explain myself a little bit. 

To start of with my game was based upon the idea of Lucid Dreaming and the idea that you were stuck within a dream that you could not control. The goal being to collect Lucidity to gain control of your dreamworld/ subconscious and to break your way free of the dream. So the theme was to do with Lucidity.
Now the major theme is more to do with dream culture specifically aboriginal Australians,  the goal being to rid the the world of dream-time which is connected to ours of the evil that is contaminating it.  Dreamtiime is an aboriginal belief that I have done lots of research into, and stupidly did not record it all. In my game The Dreamtime is a world that exists on the astral plane, a place that some come into contact with through their dreams. The spirits of the Dreamtime used to cross into our world and our the reason of our worlds creation. However with the world becoming a dark place the Dreamtime i has become polluted by it, the protagonist goal is to rid the dreamtime of this pollution and then destroy the Bridge that links our wolrld to the Dreantime. This is the only way to stop the Dreamtime becoming infected again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment