Friday 21 November 2014

Prototype Feedback

A few volunteers have played my game and I have asked for constructive criticism/ feedback e.g anything I could pick up on. Most people said that they liked it and failed to give any feedback I could use to make the game better.
Here are some points which were made:

  • The first 4 steps are larger than the rest, making it more difficult to climb up them
  • The Collectables are hard to get, you are sometimes unsure if you got them and must turn around to check.
  • Its unclear where to go
  • it feels floaty
Here is what I did to fix these problems:
  • I made the characters jump height bigger so the steps were less of an obstacle.
  • I enlarged the hit box's on the collectable Orbs
  • I moved a bright pink light which had been luring people in the wrong direction to a place that made them want to walk to where they were supposed to go. Also I made the path more clear as it was to translucent. 
  • I left this as it is, I could have increased the fall speed or something but I like the floaty feel to it as it feels more dreamy. Also in the real game my character would gain the ability to hover/ glide at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment