Sunday 26 April 2015

Narcolepsy Issues

Recently I feel my Narcolepsy has been getting worse, hours seem to fly by and I accomplish so little in them because of it, it makes me depressed which I then think makes things worse. I used to be on medication before uni, but I came of it as i didn't feel they were doing much good. When I came to Uni I had a pretty flexible timetable so could control it by having scheduled naps but recently even with them I seem to find myself feeling that I have wasted the day even though I have dedicated the whole day to work (minus lunch and tea). I came of the medication also as in the cases of lectures they seemed to do little good but when on them my body would overheat when I drift of as if in some kind of internal battle, and I would wake at the end of the lecture all sweaty and with a headache.
Tomorrow I plan on going to the doctors to see if I can re set up my prescription, perhaps they will be more effective as my body has not had them for a long time. Im hoping they help this time even if its just a fraction I need all my time to get the grade I want.
I did try energy drinks but they are unhealthy and bad for you.
I also found out that Winston Churchill had Narcolepsy, so theres hope for me yet :P
I thought it relevant to mention all this as it has been effecting my work flow and speed, though I do try my best not to bring it up as I don't like people to think me using it as an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment