Tuesday 21 April 2015

Starting to Model Carousal Horse's

Okay this is the beginning of my modelling my carousal horse, felt like its gone pretty well considering its a natural shape which are harder to do within Maya. I started with the body and then went on to the placement of the feet/ hoofs. I felt that all was going well however I went back and re did the back side of the horse, as you can see below.
 I feel in my second attempt the rear has a much more natural smooth shape, and that the hoofs and legs connect well despite and have good topology. Below is the final blackout of my carousal horse, I would like to have been able to achieve the same level of detail as i did in the hoofs in the rest of the horse and the details that would be on it. I have become very comfortable with modelling in Maya, however the natural shapes and symmetry of the decorations on carousal horses would be better of being done in Z-brush. Which I inform you is my nemesis, I find it terribly hard to use and i just frustrates me in general. Ive imported the model below into z-brush, past this I am lost I had trouble with the symmetry tool and lots of other things straight away. I am waiting for a tutorial with Mark in which I can re-cap on the workings of this brilliant yet evil program.



No comments:

Post a Comment