Tuesday 5 May 2015

Abondonded Circuses and Fairgrounds

I really love these photographs, the thought of things being so completely abandoned is a scary one. There must be some reason, some story of why they were left behind. My imagination often leads to darker stories as the way they look now is just haunting and its hard to imagine them as places of entertainment that were once full of people. I was fascinated and surprised to find just how many of abandoned sites like these there are. All of them full of forgotten amusement rides and decorations, I feel that the years they have been left alone, slowly being enveloped by nature has given them an eery beauty.
These images are one of the main reasons I chose to do a lonely carousal, the macabre feeling that that they spark some were deep down in our primal instincts fascinates me as there intention is often the opposite. For example the clown, meant to be a humorous entertainer seems to be mostly thought of a scary figure, with a large number of people having phobias of them.
I am thinking of creating my Carousal to have this derelict kind of look, as it is meant to be an illusive eerie Carousal, so perhaps its the last remaining amusement standing of a long ground fairground.

No comments:

Post a Comment