Friday 9 January 2015

Environment Concept Idea

Half Life was probably one of the first games I ever played, and I remember vividly the tram ride at the beginning of the game. I feel that the tram ride is an iconic area within the game as it is where you start, and shows you around parts of Black Mesa. The tram system is essential for transport within sections of the facility. I feel that the use of the the tram in my concept piece will get across that it is within Black Mesa, i shall have the symbol on the side also to make it clear. My idea so far is to have the idea flipped over and as a wreck from a crash. As the tunnel it is within will have collapsed due to one of the larger bosses from the game falling on top of it causing lots of debris from other areas of Black Mesa to fall through.
This is the boss that I was thinking of using in my concept piece. The idea is to have its carcass fallen through the top of the tram tunnel causing debris to fall through as well as the light to light the scene. I may figure out a skeletal version as its been over 30 years since it died so will have decomposed. However as its an alien It could have a different decomposition process if one at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment