Wednesday 7 January 2015

Research into the Black Mesa Environment

I want my environment concept piece to capture Black Mesa as a place, so I must use something that is Iconic to Black Mesa that players of the Half Life series will automatically link to it. Below are some of the more interesting settings in Black Mesa, the first one is the room in which the Plot really begins. Where the experiment goes wrong and creates a rift in the space time continuum allowing Aliens from Zen to cross in to the research facility. 
Here is a view of outside the facility, I feel that the desert setting of New Mexico could be used to create an interesting piece, perhaps with the helicopter crashed into the rocks with a large Alien.
Here is the main reception like area of Black Mesa, its quite a large room. I feel like I could do a lot with this, perhaps a massive pile of alien and human bodies and the huge screen cracked.
This shows part of the tram system which runs all the way through Black Mesa connecting the different sections of the Facility. I feel that the Tram is iconic as it's where you begin in the game and go on a ride seeing various sections and experiments along the way. The idea of having a collapsed tunnel and tram wreck is definitely one I am interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment