Thursday 16 October 2014

Enviroment, Colour and Tone Mood Board

Here I started to look at other games (as well as looking at concept art for the dream works film The Croods which is on the right hand side). The top left two are from the well renown India game Journey, which is amazing as a piece of art in itself as well as a game. The images are in game shots, which just show how epic it is. The character design is iconic, and these shots shown show how I would like areas of my game to be lighted like. 
The third image down is from a 2D side scroller called Limbo, where you travel through surreal environment and must pass the many dangers. The art style is really cool you can see how its sepia and black, and the character and enemy again have the glowing eyes that I plan on doing in my game. I really enjoy the blur effects on the environment and how out of focus it is. 
The last image I believe is from FarCry, but just show an action shot of the character travelling through a really creepy forest that has no leaves, reminds me of in snow white in the dark forest where the branches are like hands reaching out. I would go for this if maybe I wanted to go for a more nightmarish area of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment