Sunday 12 October 2014

Play Testing Week 1

Deadspace II : On Xbox 360
I was only allowed to play on the game for 10 minutes and did start from the start, but what I experience was Awesome! The game really made me panic, I know that if it wasn't for being in a bright room with the whole class behind me I would of really been scared. Im one of those players that likes to explore every corner, but from the very start It was run or be killed, no time for faffing around. The fact that you are not only weaponless but have your arms restricted by a straight jacket for the first part of the game fills you with dread, theres literally nothing you can do but run past these alien creatures and hope for the best. I enjoyed the evasive aspect to the start of the game, its reminded me slightly of half-life where when weaponless you are helpless to just watch others getting killed. The lighting and sounds were a major part of the scariness of the game, the way you had an option to use the torch made it more realistic thus more on edge. All in all for the first ten minutes it was thrilling and scary and I would love to be able to carry on the adventure.
Below is a screenshot of the game showing protagonist using the locator device.

Upgrade Complete
Description: This game has crummy graphics… UNTIL YOUUPGRADE THE GRAPHICS ENGINE!
And no sound? UNTIL YOU BUY IT IN THESHOP!
And no mute button!? You guessed it, this game requires you to buy that as well! In fact, nearly everything in this game requires you to buy and upgrade it first. Sound confusing? Give it a go and see!

To start with, by looking at it I thought that I wouldn't enjoy it but it turned out to be quite addictive. The poor looking menu screen and bad graphics at first put me of but If you stay to play you find that its part of the games charm as your objective is to upgrade every part of the game including sound, display and graphics. The actual game within the game is a classic arcade which is easy to lose yourself in trying to beat the increasing in difficulty levels. I did not stop till I had upgraded the whole game.

No comments:

Post a Comment