Friday 17 October 2014

Other Games Style Mood Board

Again here I have been looking at other games to get across the kind of feel I want my game to get across. Obviously Alice in Wonderland is one of the most famous dreamworlds created, So I looked into some of the environments featured in Alice: Madness Returns which is set in the topsy-turvy world of Wonderland. Although the environments wouldn't exist in our world, such as the floating rocks everything seems to tangible and real, things seem to clear for it actually to be a dream. But maybe that is what I want a dreamworld so vivid your not sure if you are awake.
The third image down is from the game Shadow of the Colossus, In which the environments are wide open plains that take a while to cross. I like the idea of vast plains, in which you can lose your sense of direction. I really like the art style for this game especially the creatures.
The last image is from a game my friend suggested to me but is a game called Datura, which in depressingly is very similar to what I pictured in my head. I may have to experiment more to find something original I can do to make my dream environments unique dream like and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment