Saturday 25 October 2014

Game Research - Far Cry 3

Here are some game play images from Far cry 3 after the protagonist has just ingested some hallucinogenic mushrooms. The game attempts to portray what it would be like to hallucinate, allowing the player to experience something that would never happen in everyday life. That's what I want my game to do, I want the players to experience things that wouldn't happen anywhere other than in dreams (or hallucinations). For the demo I wont be able to but for the actual game I would like to use the effects used in this clip, such as the changing of colours and the way it goes from real time to slow-mo but you stay the same speed.
In the top image, plates and pots are just slowly rising against gravity and then exploding at will, this reminds me of the scene in Inception where the dream starts to break and everything in the market starts to explode. Here they also use the effect of playing with speed/time to give a dreamy surreal effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment